10 Minute Travel Makeup

I love makeup. I think it's fun and I like the way it makes me look. On a normal day, I have a relatively time-consuming makeup routine. It takes me about 20 minutes to get my face on for work and I use a bunch of products, like cream bronzer and cream blush, that I wouldn't dream of bringing with me on holiday because I like to streamline and pack light.
I've pared down my holiday makeup to twelve products plus a lip product and I can slap it all on in ten minutes. It doesn't make me look endlessly glamorous, by any means, but it's enough to make me look more awake and fresh and is perfect for when I'm on holiday.

I've obviously sped up bits of the video because watching me smear creams around in real time wouldn't have been much fun but I think you get the gist. This is a v. quick look that uses just a handful of products.

So here's what I use:
I don't like to wear foundation on a day-to-day basis (only for special occasions where I really need a super flawless finish) and I think that saves so much time. I just use a brightening concealer to get rid of my under eye circles. I stick to a neutral and easy but still pretty eye shadow color that can be blended to look like a lot more effort has gone into the look than actually has. And, I just keep things pretty natural.
  • Hourglass Mineral Primer - smoothing, moisturizing, long-lasting, oil-controlling
  • Laura Mercier Concealer - brightening, creamy, crease-free, long-lasting
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance - mattifying, crease-free
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Translucent Powder - mattifying, long-lasting, undetectable
  • MAC Lingering Brow Pencil - natural-looking, self-sharpening
  • Eyeko Tinted Brow Gel - natural-looking, neatening
  • NARS Laguna Bronzer & Orgasm Blush Duo - travel-sized, pigmented, blendable
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - matte, natural, contouring
  • Benefit Watts Up Highlighter - natural, blendable, brightening
  • MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow - pigmented, blendable
  • Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner - precise, super black, easy to apply
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara - clump-free, defining, volumizing
I didn't include lip products above because those are super compact and interchangeable with this look. I used a pink gloss (Dior Lip Glow Gloss) in the video but in the winter, I pair this look with a black cherry lipstick. It goes great with a red lip, a pink lip, a nude lip; it's versatile and that's the point.
xoxo.

Comments